by guest blogger, Kimberley Clare Ogden
When I heard about the Ozone therapy, I was a little skeptical. But having a tired body, an immune system that was run down - I was willing to give it a go. It makes sense as a treatment: oxygen is vital for life; every cell in our body uses it. And not having enough oxygen in our bodies allows pathogens, viruses, bacteria and other toxins to grow. So the less oxygen we have in our blood, the better a host we are to these super-bugs.
Discussing my health, ailments and what I wanted to get from the Ozone treatment, the therapist sits me, wrapped in a towel, in the pod, closes it and selects the right programme for me, and a temperature that is comfortable.
Holding the RIFE transmitters in my hands the warming pod lulls me into a soft sleep. I awake 35 minutes later, perspiring and feeling like I have rid myself of any toxins. Visit after visit I leave feeling either energised, or relaxed enough to have an afternoon nap, but each time I feel lighter in myself, and I feel like my vision is a little sharper and things are a little brighter. Whether it’s mind over matter, or it really has made a difference – I don’t mind – I feel great.
But I wanted to find out why…
Here’s the science.
Ozone is an energised form of oxygen with three (or more) electrons, O3. It is the addition of the third oxygen atom that makes ozone “supercharged” oxygen, and gives it all of its remarkable properties.
Ozone has five properties that account for why it works so well:
- Ozone is a potent regulator of the immune system. This means that when the immune system is overactive, ozone will calm it down. And, when the immune system is under active, ozone will stimulate it. This unique ability of ozone stems from its action on the membranes of white cells that causes them to produce immune related messenger molecules called cytokines.
- Ozone stimulates increased uptake of oxygen by stimulating the enzyme diphosphoglycerate (DPG). DPG enables the release of oxygen from the hemoglobin molecule so that it can be taken up into the cell. In the absence of an adequate amount of DPG, our cells become starved for oxygen.
- Ozone improves circulation. It does this by enhancing the flow characteristics of blood as a liquid. This effect enables more of the oxygen carrying hemoglobin to reach the capillaries where ultimately the cells will receive more of the oxygen they require.
- Ozone increases antioxidant protection more than any other therapy including vitamin C. Most people with chronic disease have deficient antioxidant defences.
- Ozone is a powerful mitochondrial stimulant. The fundamental underlying cause behind all degenerative disease from diabetes to cancer is decreased mitochondrial energy production. Ozone can often correct this.
Gina and her team are a great source of information, and the pod at Beautiful You has over 180 programmes, so whatever you might want to correct – there’s probably an ozone solution. Speak to the therapists, and I am sure they can enlighten you even more!